<VV> Late model headlight switch - problem solved

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Nov 17 17:23:31 EST 2010

Past experience tells me that a better tool is a circuit tester which has a light bulb.  In cars that have been around for a long time it is possible to have enough dust / dirt collected on the fuse to leak voltage and show as a working circuit even though there is less than enough amperage to energize the circuit!
Ken P

 "David B. Neale" <david.neale3 at ntlworld.com> wrote:  [in part]

<<snip>>

  I then did what I should have done immediately ... test for voltage on either side of the fuse.  Voltage was present on one side, but it was dead on the other.

David