<VV> 61 Corvair Wagon For Sale

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 21 19:29:14 EST 2010

  I was driving my Rampside down Telegraph Rd. in Southwest Michigan when I noticed A guy flagging me down from his car in the lane next to me. I was trying to decide if he was interested in buying my truck or what. Then I though I read his lips "I have one of those". So I indicated I would pull off. He told me he had a 61 Corvair Wagon and wanted to know if I would be interested in buying it. He saw the good condition of my truck and new I would take care of it.
  He introduced himself as Phil. Said he was on the road a lot and that the car had sat for about ten years. He said he put it on Craig's List but only got people who were interested in radically customizing it.
  Phil has a form of cancer that will probably take him within a year. He is trying to find the car a home so his parents won't have to deal with it. I've seen it. Solid body with the Maco paint peeling off the top surfaces. Some blistering on the lower door edges. All the glass is good.
  I told Phil he should pull it out of the garage and put some pictures on a website for viewing by potential buyers. If you have any interest please call Phil at 313-298-3153. Thanks.

Greg Shaw
Dearborn, MI