<VV> I didn't expect this drivel on the VV forum!

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 23 14:36:25 EST 2010

"From: vair140 at aol.com
Subject: <VV> Electrical TheoryCORVAIR????  MAYBE
Guy Brandes

65 VAIR 140"

I am fairly certain that this forum isn't intended as a platform for those who would insult, demean, extract the Michael, or otherwise take the rise from the products and people of a certain nationality. Mr. Brande's post will be seen as inane and banal by most, being a cheap attempt to raise a laugh at someone else's expense. I would hesitate to suggest that it was intended to be anti-British, although others might be less charitable.

Insofar as this well-worn post is concerned, Guy Brandes and anyone else who is in any doubt whatever may be interested to learn that, whilst there was a period when some British products were of middling quality, we were not the only ones; for instance, Harley Davidson motorcycles became a byword for junk for some years, but, of course, recovered. I am quite certain that the US motor industry suffered with poor quality at some point. To posit that each and every American product has always been of the very highest quality would be specious and asinine.

Mr. Brandes, and any other interested parties,  may contact me off-forum for a host of examples of Americans who, over the decades,  passed secrets to whoever the 'enemy' happened to be at the time of their treasonable activities. I will be delighted to enlighten them.

Poor stuff, really, for a forum such as this.

Thanks,

David, England.