<VV> RE Tonawanda

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 04:58:07 EST 2010

Yes, depending on how you went to the falls, you passed through Tonawanda.
The 290 goes through Tonawanda before merging with the 190 to go over Grand
Island to the falls.
But if you had instead taken the 190 towards Buffalo along the Niagara River
you would have passed by the GM Powertrain facility, still in Tonawanda, but
barely.
You would have missed it though, as most people are instead of looking at
the view along the river instead of towards the factory.
Yes it's still there, and still producing GM engines.

Gary Swiatowy
(passes by regularly on the way to and from downtown Buffalo)

From: "Bill H." <gojoe283 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Tonawanda

Hi all...My family took a long trip to Niagra Falls last month.? WHen I
checked
on the map, I noticed that Tonawanda is on the way to the Falls, you pass it
on
route 290.

I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a Chevrolet engine assembly
plant...and I don't know if it's even still there....but I'm curious if
anyone
know where the plant is/was located in the town?

Unfortunately no one in the car was really interested, and probably thought
my
excitement was a bit strange, but in character...

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG