<VV> VV CORVAIR VENDOR PARTS PRICING think on it please

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Wed Nov 24 17:19:34 EST 2010

VVers:

I'm sorry for the me too post, but I don't think enough people can say
"PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS".

This past Thursday, following a longish drive out to Cape Cod, I smelled
gasoline and had a good idea that one of the lines on my 140 must be
loose or broken.  When I opened the lid, I could see gas dripping fairly
steadily from where the little dogleg piece of line goes into the 1" nut
on the carb.  I first tried to tighten the lines, but the result was
that the drip turned into a spray.  When I removed it, I saw that the
line had broken at the base of the flared end that goes into the carb.
The same thing had happened to the one on the other side about 4 years ago.

I ordered 2 replacements from Clark's on Monday morning (I finally got
smart enough to have an extra for the glovebox).  The replacement part
was in my hand via the next day's mail.  (I live about 150 miles from
Clarks, so next-day mail service is the norm, even without paying extra
for it.)

So, I was able to replace one of those "achille's heel" parts on my
Corsa and get back on the road in a day.  For $6.10.  The part was
exactly what I wanted and I didn't have to search and I didn't have to
wonder if it would work.  I think about that and I think about where
we'd all be without all those interior parts that Clark's makes for us.

In fact, I hold my breath every time the Clark's catalog expires to see
what dates they put on the next one (i.e., so I can get a sense of how
long Clarks intends to be around).  The current catalog runs from
2007-2012.  When that next one comes out and says "2013-2018", you'll be
hearing a big sigh of relief from this little corner of Bristol, Rhode
Island.

As the man says, "think on it, please".

Steven J. Serenska

1965 Monza Convertible, 110/4, being put away this weekend
1966 Corsa Coupe, 140/4, back on the road after a brief rest