<VV> Re-ringing

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 19:39:06 EST 2010

My winter project is going to be the rebuilding of a 95 hp engine to go in
my 65 coupe. This engine will be hooked to a PG and will be running AC. The
 "core" engine  is a runner that smoked when removed. I'm thinking it may
only need rings (and new bearings and other while I'm there parts).

Anyhow, I've heard all sorts of stories about re-ringing a Corvair engine,
most of them bad. I'd like to hear some of the good ones. I really would
like to  keep the bore stock. What are the "tricks" I'll need to know to do
this  right.

Thanks,
Ned