<VV> Engine Compartment Heat ...

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 18:22:39 EST 2010

>... since I want the finned heads and cylinders to transmit heat away, then they will get non ceramic paint.

Guys, ceramic coatings can work both ways -- both to contain, and to
transmit heat -- you just have to choose the correct coating, they are
not all the same -- the site that Rodney gave the url for has more info
and pictures --
  http://ccperformance.com/ceramic_coatings.php

The correct type of ceramic coating can be used to reduce corrosion,
alter temperature transfer (either way), and alter friction, as well as
improve appearance, but they are not the same coatings for each
application.  Chrome finish headers takes a different coating than a
chrome finish water pump or cooling fan.

Further examples -- http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/engine.htm

I do not recommend DIY combustion chamber coatings.

Bill Strickland