<VV> Engine issue

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 29 19:33:00 EST 2010

Have you checked for casting flash in the head of the left bank?  You
mentioned "cleaned the fins", but I'm not sure exactly what you meant by
that.  You blew out debris with compressed air?  You did something more than
that?

It is common for "flash" to remain in the heads which blocks the NEEDED
cooling air flow.  You should be able to clearly see through the passages
(all of them) in the head by putting a light below and looking down from the
top (left side carb and shroud removed).  So, if the head has not been
"de-flashed" that could be a big part of your overheat problem.

Later, JR