<VV> Transmission Urban Legends - Cars named after animals and fish ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Oct 2 01:33:19 EDT 2010

No, I was not really surprised that it was needed really, just that, given
all that what going on with the Corvair through their own marketing of the
"sporty Corvair" that it took so long, since the parts were "on the shelf"
!!!!

The Corvair was the first :
sporty small car
small car to get options like a "big car"
small car with a 4-speed
small car convertible
American van
small car with turbo (OK, F-85 was there too ?)

... among other things ?

So, what took them so long would be my question ?

I was not surprised, but was also confirming what I had heard since 'way
back when, when I first heard that story ...

I really didn't know much about car 'history' then and just realizing how
much there was TO know !

I bought my first Corvair with the deposit from my cancelled 1968 Mustang
(fastback) 345 HP/302 CI V8, after I drove my buddy's Corsa 140 (that he
called a "Camaro" to impress the girls) and just knew all I needed to know
about cars, that it doesn't need a V8 and a famous animal or fish name to be
a great car !!!!

Charlie