<VV> Weird carb

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 21:26:43 EDT 2010

Got a NOS 7036014 (66-67) carburetor which looked with some dirt and stains from being in a shelve by years so, I disassemblied it totally for cleaning. After cleaning all looked as it should, excepting that it has only one accelerator pump squirt hole. At first glance I tought it was (the lower one) just pluged but at looking with a magnifier... there is no lower hole !!

Inspected some other AIR carb bowls I had at hand and all of them (3) have both holes. Would like to attach a picture but my camera can´t take a so close picture.

To clarify, I am refering to the two tiny holes where the accelerator pump squirts gas into the bowl.

Is just one hole right for this carb ? or... is it defective ?

Daniel Monasterio
(Drove some 60 miles, today, in "El Andariego" (67 Cpe.)