<VV> weird carb

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 3 10:07:19 EDT 2010

Dan, the only carbs I am aware of that only have one upper squirter hole are 1968/9 A.I.R. carbs and all secondary carbs. If yours is not one of these then you probably have a manufacturing boo-boo. Check to see if there is a rivet on the outside of the pump cavity. If so, there is a passage, if not, there is not one. The later secondary carbs had a squirter hole, but do not have the passage, and thus the reason they did not have pump cups. I have purchased many NOS carbs that turned out not to be, BTW. Hope this helps, but you can send me a picture of the base, and I can tell you more.
Grant

Got a NOS 7036014 (66-67) carburetor which looked with some dirt and stains from being in a shelve by years so, I disassemblied it totally for cleaning. After cleaning all looked as it should, excepting that it has only one accelerator pump squirt hole. At first glance I tought it was (the lower one) just pluged but at looking with a magnifier... there is no lower hole !!