<VV> Electric pump stopped feeding gas to the carbs

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 3 13:23:59 EDT 2010

I kept trying to figure out why my pump kept pumping but stopped
feeding gas to the carbs yesterday after running well at highway
speeds for over 50 miles.  Was just corresponding with a forum member
when I had a lightbulb moment.  When I parked the car, the tank was
facing downhill and only had about a 1/5 of a tank left.  Perhaps the
feeder line from the tank was exposed to air in the tank and the pump
sucked up the air into the gas line... thoughts?  I usually don't let
it get below 1/2 full, but since I'm trying to drain it, I let it get
low this time.

Perhaps two or three more weeks before I have the time to move the
pump to the front although if this was the cause of the malfunction,
having it in front wouldn't have made a difference.

Stephen Upham
'65 Monza hardtop PG  A/C  AM/FM  OBF  Sierra Tan / Saddle
The Original Four Door Sports Car
NTCA / CORSA
Dallas, TX.