<VV> my carburetor odyssey

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Oct 3 13:57:36 EDT 2010

At 02:34 AM 10/2/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>Update on my carburetor odyssey :
>www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarbQuestions.htm
>
>I'm rebuilding the carbs that look OK, but do have some problems
>(see link above), and I wonder how that happened ?

Your "new" carbs weren't...  and yes the green icing on that pump
plunger is plain old corrosion.   Moisture.   Alky will contain
moisture itself, and besides, if there's any water in the tank at all
some of it's likely to find its way into the carbs and settle
there.   That brass pump cup holder on the plunger will corrode if it
sits in the wet long enough.

tony..