<VV> my carburetor odyssey - Solved "burping" carb

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Oct 3 18:08:27 EDT 2010

Found the problem - the floats were mal-adjusted, causing the float needle not to close off the fuel from the filter.

So, as a result of the pump needle not closing, the pump had a direct line to the bowl continually pumping fuel out every orifice !?!?!?

I realigned the float assembly and adjusted both tangs to give me 12/32" closed and open at 16/32" which may need further fine-tuning, but stopped the "burping" !

www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarburetors.htm

Charlie