<VV> Corvair Heritage Day

kenharri at comcast.net kenharri at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 18:55:08 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Happy Birthday to all!

The Philadelphia Corvair Association was out in force on Saturday.  We met at the Hatfield, PA "Rocktoberfest" car show.  We had a total of 19-20 Corvairs in attendance, plus one 1966 Cord (corvair powered).  We had 3 FCs, two Rampsides and a Greenbrier. We had 8 Early Models and 9 Late Models evenly split between Verts and H ard T ops  and including a 4 D oor of each era.  We even had "three new members".  We had a Corsa and Spiders.  We did NOT have a Wagon in attendance (Hmmm, there is one on EBay......Hmmm.?? ) .

I had no previous first hand knowlege of the 1960's Cord production before this show.  While none of the Corvairs took any honors, the Cord took one of the top 4 awards.  It was well deserved as it is an awesome car and in awesome condition.  I always thought the new Cords were fiberglass replica kit cars....how wrong I was.  It is an authentic Cord!

Probably 150-200 other awesome cars in attendance.  The day started very cool but was sunny and a perfect day for a show.  We were all wearing our CHD T-Shirts and took lots of questions from interested folks.  I personally had a 9 year old wear me out with 20 minutes of excellent questions about my '64 Greenbrier   with Camper Top, smart kid!

Attached are two photos showing the two rows we "Bogarted".  They could not squeeze us all into one row.

I can't wait until October 2, 2011.

Kent Harrington

How dare I Corvair???

If I could I'd Lakewood,