<VV> backfire

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 18:18:29 EDT 2010

When i let up onthe gas coming down a hill my car backfires. Not  real loud but
you can hear it.A mechanic said that  the manifold was leaking at one of the
cylinders, and that was making it backfire. He told me I needed to find out what
kind of gasket was used, if any. I just put a Pertronics Ignition on the car. He
told me that the pertronics was Ok.
Car runs great.

Thanks for the help

Richard Bethard

He's most likely right.. a leak in the exhaust does that!

 Call a Corvair Vendor, as they are your only source!  And I don't say that very often!!  LOL!!

Tell them what engine you have and order the 6  head to manifold donuts..and the 2  Manifold to pipe donuts..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/