<VV> [indyscca] Autocross report

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 21:00:56 EDT 2010

And as expected, I had to eat humble pie today at Terre haute.

My car broke the stub axle  splines where it drives the rear wheel hub.
I didn't even get one run in it.
However, thanks to lots of friends and their  cars, I did not miss a
run.

Now, did it break because of the added torque of 2+ added(30%) psi, the
huge jump( and landing two) weeks ago at 16 th Street, or 45 years of
age of the part,  or all three??  I have run V8s through the same type
axle hubs without  failure. .
Warren