<VV> DRIVE MY RAMPY AGAIN TODAY thinking out loud

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 09:00:14 EDT 2010

today we celebrate our 41st anniversary by driving the truck on a long day
trip .  Friday we did @200 miles  (for her birthday ) up by lake  Ontario
to the west near Rochester and all over the area slightly  south.
today we hope to head south to the west  towards watkins glen and some
parks on the way.
so far the truck is running good , using no oil to speak of , but the darn
valve train noise is still not good. sounds loud to me , but other people
say it  is not that bad.  gas heater was used  a few times to keep us
toasty.  i still want for more "poop" in certain situations .  most of  the time
it is fine.  someday i will find the secret.  the new motor  should do it.
i have 4 new tires coming this week , trying the 195 X 14 in place of  205.
 biggest problem seems to be acceleration ramps to super highways.  after
that is is good , even on decent hills.
i have the same late carbs , same distributor setup , etc as the brue rampy
 of phil's , but sure not the same snap.  i guess it is the cam.   that's
the only thing left..powerglide is not slipping either.
so my goal for this winter is to make it much better , along with finishing
 the 64 coupe , and of course , phil's loadside powertrain.
anyhow , happy holidays (columbus day).
regards,always looking for excuses to drive the rampy ,  tim  colson