<VV> weather stripping removal

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Oct 11 16:59:15 EDT 2010

JR neglects to mention what to do if you still have good paint on the car, and don't want to destroy it.

Remove any remaining weatherstrip from the car.

Then use a HAIR DRYER, NOT A HEAT GUN----and a plastic scraper to remove as much of the material as you can---use scrapers that you would use to apply body filler to a car.   It won't scratch your paint.

When you've removed as much as you can, then use some 3M Liquid Adhesive Remover (available at FLAPS or any body shop supply store)  to get the rest of the old adhesive and rubber bits off the body.

Replace weatherstripping using 3M Super Black Weatherstrip Adhesive.

Hank Kaczmarek
CSR/ Steele Rubber Products