<VV> Fwd: Old EFI system on a Corvair

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 22:02:57 EDT 2010

I've seen Milt Binyon's rig, talked to him about it; it used a 280Z's
system; that setup was purely analog, no microcontroller to program; the mass
air flow meter was a Bosch facsimile, which could be adjusted for various CFM
 airflows to match the size of the engine.  I built a system of my own
design on breadboards and ran it on a neighbor's 280Z, it worked as well as the
 factory original but there was so much hardware that I didn't think it
would be  worth my time to build it as made; I wound up converting the
system--at least  the digital part--to a PIC program and using the PIC's
analog-to-digital  converter to model the analog part.  If anyone wants a look I'll be
glad to  send the program, understanding that I used Chuck Hellebuyck's OEM
breadboard  for the hardware; it wasn't expensive then.

Scotty from Hollyweird