<VV> FYI - Ethanol

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 07:07:07 EDT 2010

"...I'm sure many of you are aware of the state law that recently went into
 effect requiring all gas sold within the state of Tennessee to contain
ethanol...In addition to our automobiles most of the fuel systems in our
mowers,  line trimmers, chainsaws, tillers, etc. are not designed for this type
of fuel.  The materials used will not withstand the corrosive effects of
ethanol...'

John... We in Florida are well-acquainted with ethanol-infected fuel: such
has been the mandate in Florida for several years. Suggest you begin using
"StaBil for Ethanol" fuel treatment. Or, look around and see if any
stations or  marinas in your area are offering "recreational (rec) fuel." Rec fuel
is  90-octane and does not contain ethanol. When ethanol-infected fuel  was
mandated in Florida, rec fuel was--because of the realities you listed
above--supposed to be made readily available; rather, it has been  marginally
available. Also check with Puregas.org  (http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?), a
listing of non-ethanol stations in the US  and Canada. Hope this info helps.

Mike Mauro