<VV> Corvair engine date code

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 14 14:15:57 EDT 2010

Let's be a little more specific - '60 to '65 heads have two 3/8" bolts on the top of the head to hold the top shroud on, the remaining 3 or 4 are 5/16 as I recall.  The '66 - up heads have 3/8" bolts for all of these holes.  This change was for the '66 140 high mount a/c compressor, as I recall.  So, the short answer is that all '65 engines had the mix of bolts, the '66 up had all "big" bolts.  I don't know the exact date of the change, however, but I seem to recall there was a Communique article on the subject.

--Bryan