<VV> Corvair engine date code

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 14:30:39 EDT 2010

This engine dated T1109RH has the 3/8X16 bolts (large) holding on the top shroud. It does not have any 1/4X20 bolts on the top shroud. I am going to get the date codes off the alternator,carb. tags, and off the distributor shortly as well as off the product plate.
This engine/heads may have been changed and probably was (though engine looks almost like it has never been out of car based on all the originality of its appearance- All shrouds/bolts/exhaust hanger still in place, no tears or wrinkling of engine seal, etc.).
But one of my questions is still unanswered. Did ANY '65 engines come with the big bolt heads?
This question may be unanswerable with certainty. Expect more information as the present workload today is minor and I can only clean the shop only so many times.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
My shop is becoming very clean