<VV> FYI - Ethanol

corsaconvertible corsaconvertible at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:19:23 EDT 2010

E15 will become available, not required; E10 will remain the norm for many
years. The only thing I ever did for my '65 Corsa 140 was replace my old,
cracked, and brittle rubber fuel lines with new fuel lines. I also replaced
the fuel filters about 1 month after I started using E10 in the mid-70's as
the E10 will free up some of the flaky rust in the tank and hard fuel lines.
This was in the mid 1970's.

About half the time since then, the car was driven four seasons in Iowa, the
other half four "seasons" in Southern California. Several round trips
between Iowa and California were made in the Corsa, through the Rockies on
I-80 w/o problems. Most trips through the Rockies were in July or August.

I found no need to do so, but some owners have re-jetted and adjusted the
timing. Others can give those details.

Some other models of cars have rubber floats for their carburators, and they
may need to be replaced with a brass or a modern formula rubber float.

Tony Hansen