<VV> corvair engine date codes

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Thu Oct 14 23:25:10 EDT 2010

Interesting description of the later 140 carb linkage.  I operated "No Slop
Enterprises" which rebuilt throttle cross shafts by adding brass bushings to
the 'towers'.

I never had anyone try to turn in a 65 140 cross shaft core and ask for a 66
or later 140 cross shaft in return.  I had dozens of people who wanted to
supply a 66 or later 140 core and get a 65 in return. It was rare that I had
a 65 140 cores in stock so I could get ahead building them because they were
in so much demand.

I may be doing another run of cross shafts.  I have some cores (other than
65 140's) I have my bushing reamer and assembly jig. What I'm missing is a
powder coater who will do a really good job for a reasonable price.  I'll
probably have to blast them myself and paint them.

dp