<VV> Diagnose engine "knock" ?

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 15 13:16:02 EDT 2010

You have the rocker cover off.  Did you look to see if there is a loose
rocker, a failing one, a broken spring, a nut backed off.  If there is a
loose one with no obvious problem found under the cover, that one is the
likely suspect for dropped valve seat.

Sounds as if you are already past the "inspection" point.

If the pushrod tubes are giving you a problem, there IS a tool for that if
you would like to avoid crushing any of them.

Later, JR