<VV> Diagnose engine "knock" ? valve seat damage

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 16 13:30:29 EDT 2010

Charlie,
 You need a valve remover tool. Just keep track of which valve goes where. Don't
loose the keepers. A smack with a mallet will sometimes loosen up on the keepers
that wont let go of.  You can check the valve looseness by just pushing the
valve back into the guide. It may take a good machine shop to really check this
condition. Hope you just need a valve seat cleaning and a regrind.

You can check for valve leakage by reinserting both valves in the head and
adding some light oil like kerosene to the head to see where any potential
leakage is. O in # 3? I cant see why.

 Hope others will add to this basic stuff. Where do you live? Any experienced
corvair people near you?MIKE KOVACS