<VV> Battery

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 12:17:34 EDT 2010

Eric, I use the 51R in my 62 Coupe 102 HP Red/Red. I bought a Sears Diehard,
had it two years, just had it tested and it still is cranking over 400 amps.
It has worked great. I use the extra space for a quart of oil and a rag.

Yes, my original car had the generator, and they are notorious for
overcharging. The voltage needs to be no more than about 13.5 at the most.
It can be adjusted at the regulator. Overcharging will cook the battery, run
it out of water (use distilled) and cause major corrosion in the engine
compartment.

Mark Durham