<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 69, Issue 57

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 17 12:35:20 EDT 2010

---- Original Message(s) -----

From: Mikeamauro at aol.com
"...I would like to put to bed the fears of using E10 in Corvairs..."

Sorry, but for me the fear is real, and the effects known: as soon as I
could no longer readily obtain non-ethanol fuel, I began to have problems with
blocked carb idle circuits. The palliative solution was to, about weekly,
remove the idle mixture screws and blow carb cleaner and compressed air
into the screw ports. Now, over the past year or so, since I began treating
all fuel used with Marine StaBil for Ethonol Fuels, the blocked passage
problem has gone completely away... same car, same carbs, same ethanol fuel; the
only difference is the StaBil treatment. If there are folks out there
using ethanol fuel with no problems, then God bless you; I hope your good
fortune continues.

Mike Mauro (in humid Florida)