<VV> Another 69 Bites the Dust - VIN on engine ?

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Mon Oct 18 23:32:48 EDT 2010

The seats were taken out a while ago, the rear seat went into another
Corvair to replace pieces that typically rusted away.  The seat belts went  into
a Corvair, and the Front buckets and steering wheel were sold at a swap
meet in Wisconsin.  The engine hadn't been turned over in at least 30  years,
and while it might have been saved, would have been costly.  I don't  have
tools or torch here, and you could not jack up the car, the rockers  and most
pieces just crumbled.

I did go to the effort of saving some good chrome, and the full power top
set-up in case someone wanted that for a car they are restoring as they were
 pretty rare.  I also pulled the turn signal self-canceling pieces, as they
 are tough to find in good condition.  About the best I could do,
unfortunately, it was really a rust bucket.  I bought it from a Corvair MN  owner
many years ago before he died, it wasn't worth much, but he wanted to get  it
out of the storage building so his wife wouldn't have to deal with it.   At
least I have my 69 Convert, which is pretty mint and driven regularly, but
not in the Minnesota winters, so it is getting ready for a long winters  nap.

Todd

In a message dated 10/18/2010 9:57:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,