<VV> Questions about a 65 Corsa

efki at verizon.net efki at verizon.net
Tue Oct 19 13:50:33 EDT 2010

Hey All,

I am the proud owner of a 65 Corsa, Turbo. Almost the same car I had in high school. Color (exterior), telescoping steering column and antenna in front are the only differences. Very straight car.

My questions:

I have looked in both the assembly and shop manuals and can not find dimensions for the trunk and engine lid relieves. Is there another book I need. They just don't look correct.

My high school car had a pin stripe on the body line. I read in the San Diego clubs tech tips that the 65 Corsa came that way from the factory. Where can I find out 1. is that true.  2. what color strip went with which body color.

Lastly (for now). The car is Maderia Maroon. It has been repainted (will need it again not a very good). I pulled the door sill plates and the color there is much lighter than the color charts I've seen. Now for the question, Does anyone have a picture of a car with an orignal Maderia Maroon they can send me?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
Eric