<VV> [FC] Air Fuel ratios concerns

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 11:53:26 EDT 2010

"...I am making final checkings on the BB (Bluebrier) for her first road
trip (some 500 miles) after a 3 1/2 years restoration. Have been driving her
for  200 miles by the past 4 months on city driving only using an in dash
wide band  AF gauge, for my first time, and it's readings gave me some
concerns: 1.- At  idling, in neutral (700 rpm), I tuned her to 14 - 14.7 (readings
have  variations) but, in drive (at stop lights) they go to 16 - 17. 2.- At
steady  speeds on flat surface (say 45 MPH) gauge reads 13.5 - 14.8 but, at
accelerating, readings go up to 15 -16. At decelerating readings go down to
11.5  - 12.5..."

Daniel... you may be trying to run your idle too lean. Try  adjusting in
drive to 13 (or so); I have wide band sensors in my 67 PG coupe,  and I find
13 to 13.5 is best all around for idle.

The decel reading you see is normal as is the flat speed reading. The
accelerating reading will depend on how far into the pedal you go, and whether
or not you have power enrichment carbs.

Mike Mauro