<VV> motor mount makes engine changes

Charles Birchwood sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 22 09:36:50 EDT 2010

I just replaced a worn out rear motor mount on my 65 Monza coupe with one of
HD after-market mounts from Clarks. It pulled the engine up a little tighter
than the original and you can feel more vibrations through the car due to the
mount's design and stiffer rubber. Something that has changed though: have some
cooler weather here in Jax, FL and for the past week or so that I'm been driving
around town, engine temps haven't gone that much above 220F. driving the car
yesterday after the previous day motor mount install, the temps climbed to 260F.
Does anyone know of a connection between motor position and engine temps?
 Charles Birchwood Ps. 121
"Nullius addictus judicare in verba magistri"-Horace