<VV> torque wrench to install connecting rods

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 10:17:26 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/21/2010 8:24:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Chaz at ProperProper.com writes:

Really  ?  1/4" drive torque wrench to install connecting rods ?   I  was
not
expecting that to be enough for that  !!!

Actually, I should have said a 3/8" drive torque wrench - I use an
inch-pound click-stop one, with no ratcheting tip, for rod nuts.  To make  things
easier, I use a 12 point socket - Snap on - onto the rod nut, to allow
easier alignment to the rod nut while torqueing.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA