<VV> Water injection question.

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 16:37:43 EDT 2010

                                                          B"H

I'll chime in here only because I am interested in the topic and have been
running a WI system in my car for about a
year with good results.

My car isn't a turbo, it's a 110 PG and I have a single nozzle with an "M2" flow
rating spraying from the center of the air intake
tube that joins the carb throats.

I found that even a smaller nozzle on each end of the tube was too much water,
the engine stumbled too much at idle.  The center mounting
seems to give a good balance and the car doesn't ping with timing advanced to
around 16 btdc.

A temp control unit prevents the unit from operating until the engine is warmed
up.  A vacuum switch prevents operation unless the car is in

acceleration mode.  I use 93 octane gas and all flat spots and hestiation are
gone.  Idle is nice and smooth.

On an unrelated note, my thermostat crapped out again, but the Clark's fuel pump
seems to be doing its job without leaking and stinking up the

interior with raw gas smells...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG A/C no
smog