<VV> Fw: Digital vs. Analog Re: Temperature/Pressure/Fan

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Oct 23 06:44:08 EDT 2010

In our old racing days we always used analog gages mounted just below the drivers line of sight.  All the gauges were mounted in such a manner that the indicator needle was straight up while operating / running.  Any pointer not in that position would call attention to the driver without him / her having to think about checking the gages at all.
Ken P

******************************
 FrankCB at aol.com wrote:

Digital gauges are great for the passenger to use for taking data for
engine calibration.  However, for gauges that need to be viewed  by the driver
WHILE HE IS DRIVING, I prefer analog gauges.  It's much  easier, quicker and
much less distracting to quickly note that your  cyl. head temp has gone to
halfway between 400 and 500 deg. than  to have to read 3 numbers to
determine the actual temp.  Do  you really need to know that the temp is now
precisely 453  degrees???

Frank "every Corvair needs a CHT gauge" Burkhard

In a message dated 10/22/2010 12:37:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,