<VV> introduction

Harry Smith harrysmith1957 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:51:27 EDT 2010

I already posted about my Rampside but just realized nobody here knows
anything about me so I thought I would introduce myself. First I have been
dreaming about owning a Rampside for about 15 years since I first saw a
picture of one. I have looked at a few but there was too much rot for me, I
am not a body man. I started working on cars when I was 12 years old,
my Mom's 1962 VW Beetle and starting in a "Service Station" as an apprentice
mechanic when I was 15. I worked on a few Corvairs back in the 70's or 80's
but nothing major, tune ups, brakes, fan belts, that sort of stuff. I am
currently a Service Manager at a Toyota dealer in South Florida. I grew up
in Connecticut and moved here about 10 years ago. I stopped turning wrenches
in 1998 and became a service writer, now a manager. I have always loved
working on cars but I have a bad knee and the physical demands of doing it
all day, every day was too much. I still work on something every once in a
while. I recently built a 1971 C-10 for a friend of mine and enjoyed it
thoroughly, those of you who perused my Picassa album might have seen it. I
also built a Jeep and a golf cart recently. Around 2 years ago I got into
vintage telephones as a hobby, I collect, restore and sell rotary dial
phones, again in my albums. When I found this truck and saw the Southwestern
Bell logos still on it I knew it was meant to be mine! My daily driver is a
1998 Chevy S-10.

Thanks, Harry Smith

"THERE IS NO TRY,
THERE IS ONLY DO