<VV> 3-wheeled coffee brake system ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Wed Sep 1 03:16:41 EDT 2010

Hmmm...

There are a few reasons you may not have heard back from him ? ...

Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Pleau" <dpleau at wavecable.com>
To: "'Virtual Vairs'" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> 69 Corvair brake system story ?

He had been elk hunting around Ouray, CO and broke a brake line to the right
rear.  He ended up crimping the broken line.  He then filled the brake
system up by pouring coffee from his thermos.  Got them half ass bled and
proceeded to drive from 10 to 12 thousand feet down to Montrose which is
around 5000' with three wheel brakes and a fluid that would boil at much
less than 212 deg F.

I repaired the line and he didn't want me to disassemble everything and get
the coffee out.  I put a the pressure bleeder on with no fluid in it and
blew all the coffee out I could. I then filled up the bleeder with brake
fluid and bleed at least a quart of fluid through the system.  It had a good
pedal when he drove away.  I never heard back from him.

dp