<VV> Stalling problem

David Heath dheath at vanceandhines.com
Wed Sep 1 10:41:56 EDT 2010

It has been a long time since my car was a PG, but I seem to remember having
a similar problem one time.  Turned out to be a vacuum leak going to the
vacuum modulator (thingy on the pass side of the transmission a little
smaller than your fist and has a nipple coming out one end).  The car would
idle fine and if you could get the car moving it would drive, but off idle,
the mixture was too lean to make any power.  My problem was the small piece
of rubber tube connecting the metal vacuum line to the vacuum modulator -
leaking trans fluid had caused it to swell.  Changed the tube and all was
great, but I had to retune the idle speed and mixture because of the now
reduced air going to the engine at idle.  I would also check the tube
between the crossover and the metal line going down to the vacuum modulator
and the two tubes connecting the crossover to the manifolds.

Dave Heath
Cypress, CA
'65 140/4 Coupe (formerly 110/PG)