<VV> Theoretical recommendations.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Sep 1 21:27:33 EDT 2010

It's not really that easy to light magnesium on fire, but yes, they burn, and as far as I've ever heard they are all made of the same material - there might have been some alloying, but I've always heard it as a straight magnesium.  So are VW beetle transmission cases, they burn really well.  And yes, that's the origin of the term 'mag' wheel, the really light racing wheels were magnesium.

BTW, a tank of gasoline also burns pretty good.  Lots of really dangerous stuff about cars.  I wish more people understood that fact.

--Bryan