<VV> Fall Classic at Clarks

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Sat Sep 4 16:39:13 EDT 2010

Dave,

I pre-registered for the event and certainly looked forward to
attending, as the last Fall Classic was my first major Corvair event.
However, I doubt I will be able to attend after all.

I had also thought that I would be able to attend to the rattling
flywheel in my car this summer. Sadly, work commitments prevented me
from doing the work.

I drive the car routinely on the island and recently had to replace both
the clutch cable - which broke suddenly - and the starter, which I
feared might have the feared "broken nose" because of the flywheel. When
I removed the starter, the unit looked just fine and I returned it as a
core to Clarks.

I don't think that a 6 hour drive each way with a rattling flywheel is
the right thing to do, as I'd rather not disassemble the drivetrain in
Clark's parking lot :). So it looks like I can't attend this year, but
who knows, I might suddenly get quite brave and risk it!

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
www.landroverwriter.com
'66 Corvair Monza Coupe 110/4