<VV> eBay : Premiere's Corvair Rampside *** empty box ***

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Sep 4 16:55:19 EDT 2010

Some like the "box art" and some may have a kit where the box was damaged
and want to "restore" it to original (hmmm...there's an idea ...)

For example, I have a lot of Corvair promo models, but these are worth
considerably more with the original boxes, than without boxes.

I have an original 1969 Camaro Pace car promo worth a few hundred dollars,
but recently the empty box sold for over $100, and before that one sold for
over $350 - just for the box !

Kind of like Corvair folk who want "pure stock" with build sheets, window
stickers, etc, the boxes make the items more "real" ?

Sometimes the instruction sheets bring big money too.

I have a nearly complete collection of AMT Corvair kits, some still sealed,
all with original boxes and instructions, decals (these age badly), etc.

I just located the original bill of sale for my 1967 Monza, which is nice,
but now I wish I had the window sticker too.

You just never know who wants something to make something else complete ?

Don't get me started on 45 RPM record "picture sleeves" !  I have a mess of
them that I "preserved" never realizing how much they'd be worth, especially
Beatles, Beach Boys and Stones.

Charlie