<VV> Corvair Value - Jay Leno "influence"

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 23:30:59 EDT 2010

Anyway, explain to me why a Corvair - any Corvair, except, maybe, the Monza
 GT or SS - should bring more than $10,000. Would the person who pays more
than  that be more likely to join a Corvair Club, or bring their car out to
a meeting,  or autocross their car -(showing it's better traits)?  I only
hope  they lose their shirts on the deal - again, not speaking of the
cheerleader,  here - just the speculator.

Seth Emerson

In the 12 years I've been associated with Corsa and Corvairs.... my observations are:

Those that PAY  a lot for a Completed car, find they are not comfortable with the general populace of CORSA...and don't stay around very long.

Those that put lots of  $$$ and effort in their cars  are really after notoriety, acclaim..and pursue it, year after year...  and are our strongest  allies.

The "Camaro priced Corvair"  is brought on by the high priced parts  that most purchase... whether from a Vair Vendor or a Chain Supplier or Specialty house.

Seth, I, like you,  have never paid more than a couple of Thousand Dollars for any Corvair I've possessed.

And I refuse to invest any large amounts....So  I do not value any Vair at over $10k,  no matter how strongly I want to possess it!

And yes, it has to be "special and RARE"   meaning the ONLY ONE....

Just like  coming in 2nd in a competition... you are the1st loser.

2 identical objects exist.....  not RARE!....just  "available in limited numbers"..

Here's the only Corvair I MIGHT  pay $10 k   for...  '68 Astro II

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/