<VV> Corvairs and values

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 5 19:31:36 EDT 2010

Any car, any make, is only worth what one is willing to pay.
But to many, that car may be pricless.
One of the people I know, involved in one of my non-Corvair car clubs, owns
a green 71 Pinto. Car is a refugee museum piece, and trailer queen, sporting
its original A-70 x 13 tires. Would you believe I actually had a spare pair
of those tires in like new condition in my attic?
It was like a gift from heaven to him for me to give them to him. (they were
on the back of a Corvair I bought 20+ years ago. This Pinto, has been
featured in many magazines, calendars, and other photo shoots. May be the
best Pinto in existence.
Ran into a lady 2 weeks ago, with a 59 Rambler 4-door.
Car is a little old lady unrestored original that is amazing!

So what's the market?

To the owners these cars are irreplaceable.

Their pleasure of owning, and displaying them are hard to put a dollar
figure to.
Is there a dollar figure?
Maybe, more likely certainly.
But knowing these people, the dollar figure would have to be quite high.
And there are plenty of Corvair people who feel the same way about their
"special" Corvair.
It does not have to be a one off hemi Cuda, or aluminum Block Camaro to
spark that dedicated automotive enthusiasm.

Gary Swiatowy