<VV> 80 hp with 64 110 heads Question

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Sep 5 21:28:21 EDT 2010

At 09:06 PM 9/5/2010, Matt Nall wrote:

>Has  anyone has run an 80 hp eng with 64 110 heads?
>If so what did it run like?
>
>  Mike Moyer

>   Not personally, but several have reported finding this after
> driving the cars for quite a while and not realizing.
>

>Super low compression.. use the thinnest head gasket or even
>none....  approx. 6 to one CR..
>

>Matt Nall

Uh...  I ran '62 102 heads on an 80hp engine for many years and the
only difference I actually saw was NOT a drop in compression but the
engine did kinda ask for premium fuel or it pinged on hot days.   It
ran just fine, good power.

'62 102 heads are for all intents and purposes about the same as 102
heads from what I can tell, by looking.   Besides, anything has to
have better compression than those dishpan 80hp heads.

tony..