<VV> "Savvy Marketing" / Disdain for.....

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:44:53 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com> wrote:

> But what really set me off on this was the post below. I don't know you, Matt,
> and probably never will, although I've appreciated many of your responses on
> this forum. But to take advantage of someone "just starting out" for an
> additional $385 over what you honestly believed the product to be worth is not
> "market savvy," it's unscrupulous, and in my humble opinion, immoral. So if we
> meet sometime at a convention, remind me to count my fingers when we part, if
> I've been foolish enough to shake your hand.
>
> Byron Comp
> '64 Monza Vert
> Gainesville, FL

Byron, I respectfully disagree.

The wheels weren't worth even $75 to a guy with an interest in Hondas,
but were pure gold (and pure pleasure) to a man who had the vehicle to
match them up with. The guy dickered on price and ultimately met
Matt's negotiated offer because that's what they were worth to him. He
could have walked away, and Matt would be calling himself a dumba$$
under his breath the whole time he heaved those 28 lb anchors back
into his car. That's the risk Matt took, and he was rewarded.