<VV> "Savvy Marketing" or opportunity knocking ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Sep 5 23:44:34 EDT 2010

Sometimes taking a chance pays off, and sometimes it doesn't ?

It paid off for me a long while back, at a Corvair meet.

A guy walked up to a group of us and said "I have some wire wheels for sale
... " and I jumped in and said, "I'll take them" without even asking how
much, since the guy didn't seem to know anything about Corvairs.

I always felt like I took advantage of the guy, but he got the $50 he wanted
without a hassle, and I got a full set of KH wheels in great shape with
5-lug adapters (custom filled for 4-3/4" GM).

I guess we could have talked him up on the price but that didn't happen, and
I don't think any of the other Corvair guys would have either.

The adapters are on Don Schneider's "Black Widow Corsa" last seen in Florida
I think.  He had a duplicate Corsa convert in white, too, but he was a
collector, not really a Corvair guy if I remember correctly.  He spent a lot
of money on those cars.  I wonder where they are now ?

Charlie