<VV> "Savvy Marketing" / Disdain for.....

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Sep 6 21:53:04 EDT 2010

At 06:52 PM 9/6/2010, deltainc wrote:

>**************
>I myself, for all my worldliness (g) ... received a nasty sticker shock when
>browsing Tirerack.com for wheels for my long-continuing kit car project ...
>wow, Ralleye repro steel wheels for a 85 Mustang ... $1000 ( owch ) for a
>set of 4 .....
>
>That there city slicker might have out horse-traded you after all !!
>
>Hmmm  ... wonder what the Corvette wheels on one of my v8's might be worth
>now ?  I turned down $100 about 15 years ago ...
>
>ken campbell, sticker shocked in ioa

My old Porsche 912 project car has rather nice Fuchs wheels on
it.  Someone came by (heard about it via grapevine) and wanted to buy
the Porsche.   Not so sure I wanna rid myself of it...  anyway, I
thought about those wheels, checked Ebay to see the going rate for
what good-used Fuchs wheels might be worth.

Yikes!

The Porsche resale value just got revised...   although I still have
TOO many projects, need to maybe thin the fleet if I had any sense.

I really wish those Fuchs wheels fit a late model 'Vair.   5.118"
bolt circle, forget it.

tony..