<VV> 80 hp with 64 110 heads Question

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 00:40:46 EDT 2010

At 11:45 AM 9/6/2010, Tony Underwood wrote:

OK... I managed to find out some details on Corvair cylinder head
chamber volume.   I found a segment of the supplement via some scrounging.

The question was whether an early 80hp engine would drop compression
by using '64 vintage 110 heads.   It will not.   It will gain a bit
of compression.   According to the into in the tech guide supplement,
the 80hp heads have MORE chamber volume than the '64 110hp
heads.    Therefor:

An 80hp engine using '64 110 heads will NOT suffer lower
compression.  In fact it's likely to run a bit better over-all.    (I
already knew this but needed some confirmation specs in writing from
a reputable resource to satisfy the masses)

tony..

PS:  there's also hardly any difference at all in chamber volume
between a '62-'63 102 head and a '64 110 head and they look very much
alike in any event.