<VV> MuseumBrier now lives in Virginia

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Sep 7 07:12:40 EDT 2010

My Labor Day celebration was a 17 hour road trip to
Virginia and back to deliver the MuseumBrier to its new
owner. I borrowed a flatbed trailer since I sold my own
flatbed and the enclosed trailer pushes too much wind on
the road for my poor little 1/2 ton Silverado to handle
effectively.

Ray Davis has a beautiful house and an even better garage!
His Rampside now has a stable mate. I loved the wire
wheels (Clark's re-pops) on his red convert. If I could
have found a way to talk him out of his Lakewood it would
have come home with me! Of course the '65 VW 1500
Notchback was a rare sight as well.

So the MuseumBrier Tour is over. It was an experience.
Over 7,000 miles covered in five months, almost all of
them riding on my flatbed trailer. With several side trips
to run the CPF's Fitch Sprint around there are 20k more
miles on my Chevy pickup since it was rebuilt (wrecked in
the rear before I bought it). Seems like I spent a lot of
"quality time" at gas stations around the Eastern Half of
the country feeding the Silverado. But it was worth it.
Hemmings Motor News has given us some good Press and a
future issue of Hemmings Classic Car will include an
article about John Fitch and his Sprint. All of this made
possible by your friends at the CPF.

And now Ray Davis is the caretaker of the soon-to-be World
Famous CPF MuseumBrier.

And I miss it already. - Truck Driver Pete